Thursday, June 25, 2009

things that i love that i hope everyone loves as well.

Here are the top 30 things, big and small, that have made me feel lucky, necessary, or excited. This list spans from age 12 to the current:

1. Aretha Franklin's "Say a Little Prayer for You".
2. Prayer.
3. Not owing anyone money.
4. Automatic car windows.
5. Daylight Savings Time.
6. Catching fish on the Fourth of July.
7. Memories that involve Rod Stewart.
8. Fat kittens
9. Turning right on red.
10. The internet
11. Amaretto Sours.
12. Stephen King's "On Writing".
13. Zippers
14. The ability to make something stinky smell good. (see: 15)
15. Febreeze's Limited Edition Christmas "Sugar Cookies and Baking" spray.
16. The idea of a million dollars.
17. Sandals. (not the resort)
18. Being invited over to play.
19. Tea, hot and cold.
20. Avon "Skin So Soft" Lotion.
21. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDLwivcpFe8
22. Telling people Tuna's "fat pouch" is housing two kittens.
23. The feeling of having walked entirely through a museum and not missing anything.
24. Not having to repeat myself.
25. Simple electronics.
26. Polite telephone conversations with older people.
27. A good bed.
28. Sing-a-long songs.
29. Tacos.
30. The phrase, "If you say so".

Note: these things do not include the standard: life, love, peace, happiness, family, friends, and other moralistic values. 
Additional note: In some cases, however, (see: # 30) they may be just as important to me. 

2 comments:

  1. Today I learned #23 and that we are both Rabbits. Which never occurred to me because I'm not smart. We were born int he same year.

    I'm going to eat a tuna fish sandwich and think about my blog. It's probably going to be about Willy, the Tanzanian orphan. You are so much better than me.

    I am going to comment on every blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least you care about the world outside of your bedroom. if you need me, i'll be bubble-bathing and thinking about my blog.

    ReplyDelete